Thursday, October 12, 2006

Warner I and II

First the good news, Senator John Warner has gone on the record saying that W's Iraq policy is a failure and a radical change is needed, Warner has been an unfailing supporter of the war and as Chairman of the armed services Committee he has a lot of pull, when a man like this goes off the reservation you know the writing is on the wall. Now for some disappointing news.
My former Governor Mark Warner today announced that he will not be running for President. This is bad news for Democrats of the moderate persuasion. I guess he just figured that the Hillary fundraising machine was too daunting. Too bad he was a great Governor and a really decent guy.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jim Marquis said...

Well, it is too bad. However, I think it helps open things up for John Edwards and I wouldn't be surprised if he (or whoever gets the Dem nomination) requests MW run for VP.

9:40 PM  
Blogger Elvez73 said...

Thats true, I do like Edwards, and Warner would be good VP material. I just thought his campaign had good momentum. He was raising good money and he had a great grassroots internet org. I just think he was afraid of the Clinton juggernaut. Could he be trolling for Hillarys VP nod, maybe a deal was cut.

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home