Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Unwed Mother


So The Vice President aka Darth Vaders daughter Mary is preggo. I wonder how the GOP base feels about that. Remember they think its only a family if you have a husband and wife, none of those damn queers or unmarried folks, they aren't real families. I wonder how Mary Cheney can sleep at night as an openly gay woman, in a relationship with a woman that she can't marry (because they live here in Virginia) and yet she has worked tirelessly for the GOP and her fathers reelection. The very bigots that want to deny her and her partner their civil rights and enshrine that bigotry in the US Constitution. Gay Republicans have always baffled me. I have known a few and the only conclusion I can draw is that they are more worried about their tax bracket and well to do lifestyles than the rights and well being of their fellow gay sisters and brothers, essentially greed taking over conscious. Its rather like Primo Levi or any other Italian Jew supporting Mussolini because he made the trains run on time. Mind boggling.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jim Marquis said...

She's an idiotic hypocrite. I was really angry how upset the Republicans acted when Kerry mentioned her during the debate. Especially when the GOP was using gay marriage as one of their big talking points during the campaign.

9:04 PM  
Blogger Lizzy said...

She's one of those people that I'd like to smack in the face, but after she has the baby, of course.

11:40 PM  
Blogger Snave said...

I think she is an illustration of someone who believes in the Republican party as it used to be, not as someone who is into the kind of modern Republicanism that butt-trumpets "moral values". I would expect that she is a hawkish, fiscal conservative like her dad, and being a child of privilege, she probably thinks entitlement programs should be banned altogether. Surely gays and lesbians can adopt those political stances.

On the other hand, I can't stand the thought that she would tirelessly support a party that has been crapping on the poor for the last 40 years or so, and which has been crapping on gays and lesbians for the last 20-30 years (since the GOP started becoming our nation's first religious political party).

Apparently she is fine with agreeing to disagree with the evangelicals in her party, and calling it good... but I don't see how she can sleep at night if she has any degree of sympathy or empathy for other Americans who may be facing sorry situations in their lives just because of their sexual orientation.

Apparently she doesn't have much sympathy or empathy, and in that way, she has not only inherited her father's politics, but also some of his worst character traits.

I view her as an aberration, nothing more. I tend to view most gay or lesbian Republicans that way.

I believe the father of the very politically flawed J.C. Watts said re. J.C.'s being a Republican: "A black person voting Republican is like a chicken voting for Colonel Sanders." I think this quote also applies to gay and lesbians who are Republicans. What are they thinking? They ought to be working to reclaim their party, and make it a party of the people once again, not some kind of country club that tricks its members into voting against their own best interests.

Sorry about the rant, but Mary Cheney just pisses me off. I like to give most people the benefit of the doubt, but I don't want to see her given the time of day. I'm glad she and her partner are having a baby, that much is cool... but I can just imagine the kind of kid she will raise: privileged, opportunistic, and probably callous.

2:24 PM  
Blogger Elvez73 said...

Rant away Snave, I think your character analysis of Mary Cheney is dead on, she lacks the empathy gene just like Dad and callous is a very apt word to describe the clan. Cheney is such a herd bitten callous bastard he makes Nixon look all warm and fuzzy by comparison.

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home