Monday, February 19, 2007

Happy President's Day


Here's my man Bubba, my favorite living President. I have seen a lot of polls on the net and in the newspapers today on who Americans consider their five best Presidents. My personal list would be this,
1. George Washington, he could have been President for life but he took the route of Cincinattus.
2. Lincoln, he perserved the Union, even if he did suspend the Writ and overreach his powers.
3. FDR, His leadership and insight during the Depression and WWII saved this country and Europe from tyranny.
4. Thomas Jefferson, his intellect and reason make him one of the few true genious Presidents we have ever had.
5. Theodore Rooselvelt, I know he was a Republican, but he truly was a reformer who fought the robber barons of the Gilded Age, and he started the US on the road to being a superpower, his far-sighted establishment of the National Park system is reason enough for him to be in my top 5.
So there you have it my list, what do you guys think? Who's on your list?

3 Comments:

Blogger Jim Marquis said...

You pretty much nailed it. Those would definitely be my top 5.

8:35 PM  
Blogger Elvez73 said...

Its funny that one poll I read had Clinton and Reagan in the top 5. WTF? Do they not teach history in US schools anymore?

5:55 PM  
Blogger Snave said...

Those are my Top 5 too. My #1 is Lincoln, and the others are great as well. I am a big fan of Teddy. After all, he was the one who said "To announce that there must be no criticism of the president... is morally treasonable to the American public." Our current monarch wannabe could stand to take some lessons in humility from Republican presidents past!

I would probably put Bill Clinton somewhere in the middle of the pack. Others? Reagan would be somewhere near the bottom, along with the Bushes, Nixon, Warren Harding and (gag) Woodrow Wilson.

11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home