Tuesday, February 13, 2007

It Was Bound To Happen

One of my favorite bands ever is touring again. The Police are reunited and I couldn't be happier. I was too young to catch them the first time around, I was 12 when they broke up, but I will sure as hell see them this time. I still think Sting can be an arrogant ass, as his recent solo albums demonstrate, but to see him playing again with Stuart and Andy would be great. Just three great musicians who wrote some great songs, not Stings bloated huge band that he has on his solo gigs. I think I got copies of Outlandos D'Amour and Synchronicity on vinyl when I was 11 or so and I played them till they wore out. Stuart Copeland is probally my favorite drummer of all time, I gotta get some tickets.

4 Comments:

Blogger 1138 said...

I haven't seen these guys live in person since 1978 - It's going to be great, and it's going to be strange, bust mostly it's going to be great.

3:27 PM  
Blogger Jim Marquis said...

I saw them on the Grammys and it looks like they've all aged really well. Not as well as Joan Baez, but still really well.

8:40 PM  
Blogger Snave said...

I hope they can get along well enough to put on a good tour and maybe even get some new material in the works! Wasn't part of the problem last time that Sting and Copeland couldn't stand to be in the same room together, that both were perfectionists who had different ideas about doing things? Anyway, I thought they sounded pretty good at the Grammys, and with some luck, I'll get to see them on tour! I used to have all their albums way back when, and was a big fan before the breakup, and still am a fan.

3:14 PM  
Blogger GTX said...

Landlord

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home