Saturday, January 20, 2007

Its Official

Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton annouced today that she is doing what we all know, she is running for President. Now don't get me wrong I like Mrs. Clinton, but I think she is a coward for not recanting her yes vote for Mr. Bush's war, and I think she makes her policy decisions totally based on polls. I like the way she isn't scared to act in a bi-partisan way in the Senate, but she also needs to remember that she is a Democrat sometimes. Right now she's not my cantidate, I'm holding out for Gore and I really like Obama and Edwards, but rest assured if she gets the nomination I will campaign for her like there is no tomorrow. I just really hope she doesn't get the nod.

2 Comments:

Blogger Snave said...

I know what you mean, Elvez. I would also campaign for her like there is no tomorrow, and it would be out of a huge sense of desperation, if nothing else! Heh...

I would feel much more confident about a Democratic nominee who seems to want to unite Americans but who also sticks to Democratic party principles, and has ways to bridge gaps between different factions. I think Obama or Edwards would much more of positive fit, and I agree Gore would be a good candidate once more.

I like Obama BECAUSE of his lack of experience. He would be that much harder for the Rovian Smear Machine to attack, because I don't think people know much about him yet besides what he has written in his books and from his limited experience in Congress (I need to get his books and read them!)

Edwards is a good candidate too. I fear that he might not have the charisma necessary to be nominated, and that his association with Kerry could be detrimental.

At this point, I think other announced Demo presidential candidates are mainly VP material; Bayh was in but then he was out, Vilsack has announced, and Bill Richardson is probably going to announce. I could be happy with any of those people as the vice-presidential choice.

For president, I'm mostly ready to go with Obama. Sadly, in today's political climate, I believe image really IS everything. Obama has it hands down over all the others when it comes to charisma. He has been sincere about inviting evangelical types to come along for the ride, emphasizing social justice and the gentle side of religion as he goes. He is eloquent, and I sense he is a person who could restore our nation's standing in the world in a positive way.

1:51 PM  
Blogger Jim Marquis said...

I'm looking forward to hearing what she has to say now that's a candidate. I think it's possible she could surprise people.

11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home