Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Big Show



A friend of my wife and I, just scored tickets for us to see Elvis Costello and Dylan in Charlottesville Va, later this month. I am beside myself. I love both of these guys and them playing together is a great billing. I saw Dylan and Willie Nelson a few years back when they were touring minor league ballparks and that was a cool show, but this promises to be great. This is my 5th Dylan show and my 3rd time seeing Elvis. I was a huge Elvis fan in high school, I especially love Armed Forces and Trust, some of his 90's work was a not so hot, but I really like his last record, The Delivery man. I really like Dylans newer records, but as anyone who has seen him live knows his shows can be spotty. My first time seeing him was in 91 and he was wasted and the show was horrid, but the past two shows I have seen he was great, except for the annoying insistance of never playing guitar, just keyboard. Nevertheless I can't wait.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Jim Marquis said...

Wow, what a show. I'm jealous!

8:23 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

I'm rather jealous myself. My wife is the Elvis Costello fan, while I prefer Dylan. Enjoy the show.

2:42 PM  
Blogger Snave said...

Wow, that does sound like a goodie! Good job getting those tickets! I'd love to see Elvis, have never seen him before. I've seen Dylan once, at The Gorge in the late 90's, and while he sang like a croaking frog, it sounded great overall. The Wilco show was excellent, BTW!

6:08 PM  
Blogger Elvez73 said...

Thanks guys, really looking forward to this one, I'll have a full report and some pics after the show.

10:04 AM  
Blogger Lizzy said...

I have been a huge EC since I heard the song "Pump It Up" in the 8th grade. In fact, it changed my life. From that moment on, I was a punk rocker.

I've seen Elvis 4 times, and Dylan once. Enjoy the show!

1:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home