Monday, August 06, 2007

Breeders Gone Wild!

This is the Duggar family. Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar just welcomed their 17th child into the world. They are Fundy Christians who are in a sect called Quiverfull, which eschews contraception or family planning and believes you must procreate as much as possible, its God's will. The Duggar's are , surprise, homeschoolers, and Jim Bob has run for statewide office in Arkansas as a GOP family man. I have nothing against these folks personally, but man thats weird. Michelle Duggar is 40 years old and has been pregnant for over 11 years of her life! Am I the only one who finds this creepy?

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Lizzy said...

I find it quite disturbing. Someone needs to sneak into their house while they are sleeping and tie Michelle's tubes.

Watch the film "Idiocracy."

1:31 AM  
Blogger LET'S TALK said...

I say, to each his or her own. I don't like it when someone tries to tell others how to live or what not to do in their life. If it's not killing anyone and it makes you happy, it's your life, go for it.
The religious right does enough of that already.

9:42 PM  
Blogger Snave said...

Whatever floats their boat...

I do find it weird. One of my high school teachers was of LDS faith, and I believe his wife gave birth to 11 kids in 10 years, or maybe it was 13 kids in 12 years. Anyway, I have a hard time imagining any woman being pregnant on a continuous basis.

I guess what it may come down to for the left, in fighting the religious right, is to have larger families.

Nah.

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home