Monday, August 06, 2007

Dr. Strangelove Type Moments


So in the last week a Democratic frontrunner, Obama, says that he would possibly invade Pakistan, and use nuclear weapons. A GOP bottomfeeder, Tom Tancredo says he would nuke Mecca and Medina, the Holy Cities of Islam. WTF? Have we lost our minds? I think these two need to sit in a room and watch Kubrick's masterpiece and realize how much they are sounding like our pal Gen. Ripper here. One would expect asinine statements like this from a moron like Tancredo, but what the hell is Obama thinking? Trolling for those reactionary, "turn the Middle East into a glass factory" votes Barack? I was going to send this guy a contribution until this broke, I think I'll take a wait and see attitude now.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jim Marquis said...

It was funny, I was listening to the Michael Medved show yesterday and he had all these people calling in who agreed with Tancredo. Medved is a Neocon chickenhawk but he was horrified by some people's fervent desire to blow these cities off the map.

8:08 PM  
Blogger Snave said...

I think Tom Tancredo is a frightening person.

As for Obama, I hope his little "oops" moment wasn't much more than a way of saying "I wouldn't have invaded Iraq, I would have put the troops in Afghanistan and seen to it that we captured Bin Laden immediately." That stuff about Pakistan scares the bejeebers out of me...

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home