Thursday, December 14, 2006

Who's Best


So I have always been a huge Who fan and recently I was talking to a friend and debating which album is their finest. A few years back I would have said "Live at Leeds" but now I gotta say its "Quadrophenia." I have always loved the album, but had never seen more than snippets of the film. Now I have a dvd copy of the film and it has changed the way I feel about the album. If you haven't seen it I recommend it, especially check out Ray Winstone's (Gal from Sexybeast) performance, and a very young Sting as a hotel bellhop and Mod with a badass scooter. I'm glad Roger and Pete didn't die before they got old.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jim Marquis said...

Quadrophenia was the first Who album I really loved. It's so atmospheric with the sound of the rain and waves and the voices blending. I should give the movie another try.

12:03 AM  
Blogger Snave said...

I love Quadrophenia. The Who have put out so many wonderful albums... My all-time favorite is "The Who Sell Out", probably with "Who's Next" in second place, "Quadrophenia" in third. After that, it's a tie for fourth between multiple albums.

My favorite collection of theirs has always been "Meaty Beaty Big and Bouncy".

My favorite Who song? Their wanking anthem, "Pictures of Lily" is tied for first place with the studio version of "Magic Bus"!

11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home