Sunday, March 11, 2007

Nostalgia





































My stepsister and her fiance just recently got back from a trip to Germany, Austria, and N. Italy, she sent me some of her pics and it made me want to plan my next trip to Europe for my belated honeymoon. I started looking at the pics that my then girlfriend, now wife, took the last time we were in Paris and now I am longing for a return visit. Paris to me is the most lovely big city in the world. Its not hard to see why Hemingway, Stein, and Fitzgerald settled there. I'll confess to a little bias, I'm a wine geek and a foodie, and my wife is quite the francophile, so perhaps this clouds my perception, but strolling through the 6th Arrondissement, seeing the Tour Eifel at night, and simply eating at any corner bistro are singular experiances that cannot be replicated anywhere else. I wish I was independently wealthy and could travel the world, but until then I will carefully plan my next foray to Europe and revisit my past trips through my pics. Damn I love travelling.








Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Jim Marquis said...

Great pics. My wife and I are really looking forward to seeing Europe.

5:51 PM  
Blogger Lizzy said...

Very nice pics! And it's especially nice to finally get to see what you look like. You're a cutie-patootie. : )

10:22 PM  
Blogger Snave said...

Looks like a lot of fun! My daughter went to Paris with a school group last year, and she had a great time. I hope to get over there someday myself! Hope you and your wife can make a return visit soon.

6:04 PM  
Blogger Elvez73 said...

Thanks guys, its always cool to go over your vacation pics and post a few from time to time, we took the pic of me in front of Napoleon's tomb as a joke because my wife said I have some Bonaparte like traits,(I'm only 5'9, opinionated, love Bordeaux, etc.) Jim when are you and your wife planning on going and have you decided on any countries to visit?

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home