Monday, May 21, 2007

Why I Still Love Jimmy Carter

Jimmy Carter is getting all kinds of flak for saying that W's the worst President from a foreign policy standpoint ever. Now I won't argue that James Earl was a great President, but he is certainly a good person. He's also right about W, no Chief Executive has ever done more lasting harm to our national security than W. History will bear that one out. I disagree with some of Carter's recent statements about the Palestinian -Israeli conflict, I think he is a bit unfair towards Israel who is after all the only democracy in the Middle East, but on this point he is dead on. Carter has more integrity and honesty in his little finger than W has in his whole body.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Snave said...

Right on! Jimmy was at least an honest human being... I guess Dubya is a human being (sometimes I'm not too sure about that), and Dubya certainly is not honest. Jimmy's foreign policy is, sadly, always going to be exemplified by the failed hostage rescue attempt in Iran... but all in all, I don't think he ever wreaked anything like the havoc Dubya has. Sheesh.

5:41 PM  
Blogger Jim Marquis said...

JC had his faults but I also think he had some bad luck. The Iranian hostage situation was the end result of a lot of decisions made by previous administrations...

8:53 AM  
Blogger 1138 said...

Israel is a democracy?

11:38 AM  
Blogger Elvez73 said...

Israel is a parliamentary democracy, now I won't argue that Israeli arabs have a great life in Israel, but their are arab and druze members of the Knesset. The anti-war left in Israel is vocal and they do have lively debates in the public forum about Israel's treatment of the Palestinians, it ain't perfect, but its a million miles closer than the Arab kingdoms and sheikdoms, or authoritarian secular regimes like Egypt.

12:47 PM  
Blogger 1138 said...

I'll argue the myth that it's a democracy.

9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home