Monday, April 16, 2007

Horror In Blacksburg


As I sit here watching CNN the death toll from the senseless killings at Va Tech continues to grow, right now it is 31 souls. This is absolutely shocking and I can't even process it. I have spent alot of time on that campus, and seeing news footage of a tragedy like this in a place you are famalier with is unsettling. My Dad, Uncle, Sister-in-Law, and many good friends went to Tech and the sleepy mountain town of Blacksburg seems like an unlikely place for a massacre like this to happen. The details are still sketchy but it seems that the gunman was looking to kill his ex and her lover and apparently as many others as he could find. What makes people decide to do things like this? My thoughts and prayers are with these kids families and the whole Tech community. What makes this country so prone to these mass killings?

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Jim Marquis said...

Yeah, it's really horrible. That town will never be the same.

8:09 PM  
Blogger Lizzy said...

What a tragedy. I heard about it while I was sitting in class, which made it even more surreal.

My thoughts go out to the people of Blacksburg.

2:08 AM  
Blogger Lew Scannon said...

What makes this country so prone to these mass killings?
In his documentary, Bowling For Columbine, Michael Moore makes the case that you can't pump an armed populace full of fear and not expect this type of behavior. The media is constantly pumping us full of fear, and eventually, people snap. Oh, that and easy access to weapons.

10:17 PM  
Blogger Snave said...

I'm so sad for the people of Virginia and Blacksburg, and all their friends and families. What a wasteful act that kid perpetrated.

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home