Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Has It Been Six Years?


Every 9-11 anniversary brings the reality of that most horrible of days back full force. Today as we remember those that died at the hands of brutal medieval fanatics, I can't help but realize how ironic it is when a 4-star General Officer tells my Senator that he is "not sure" if the US presence is making us any safer. Of course it isn't. Finishing the war in Afghanistan, spending money on port security, that would make us safer, but we can't afford this due to the bleeding of funds and lives in Iraq. Each anniversary since W invaded Iraq I find myself more pissed than ever at how the neocon cabal took advantage of a gullible US publics anger and fear after 9-11 to start an utterly unnecessary war that has had a terrible cost. As a Democratic victory looms in 08 I can only hope that the current regime hasn't brought us too far over the precipice.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Lizzy said...

I kinda feel like we're past the point of no return.

12:42 AM  
Blogger Elvez73 said...

I hope not lizzy, but I feel that way sometimes too.

5:03 PM  
Blogger 1138 said...

Our side has begun to look and stink like their side.

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home