Thursday, July 05, 2007

Sickos


I think the wife and I will try to go see Sicko this weekend. I am a fan of Michael Moore, sure sometimes he's not 100% factual, and he's prone to silly (but entertaining) stunts, and he says some remarks without thinking, but you gotta love the guy. He is the true master of agitprop for our side. I really liked Roger and Me, Bowling for Columbine was OK, and Fahrenheit was fantastic, I think Sicko may be his best work according to some reviews I have read. I heard Moore on Howard Stern's show on Sirius a week or so ago and he was great, funny and self-deprecating and he handled the callers who said he was a "commie" with aplomb. Moore's true gift is his humorous satire which usually ends up pissing you off. I'm glad he tackled the healthcare problem because it is truly embarassing that in the world's richest country we have people being denied healthcare in our for-profit broken system.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Jim Marquis said...

I haven't seen it yet but I hear it's really good. He was so smart to focus on insured people who have been screwed by our medical system.

7:59 PM  
Blogger Lizzy said...

Yes, please go see it. You will not be disappointed.

10:59 PM  
Blogger Snave said...

I can't wait to see it! I will probably get to see it in Portland around July 21.

Hey Elvez, I tagged you. You will have to check the current post at my weblog for details! Hehehehe

3:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home